Monday, August 30, 2010

James Cameron Can Suck It (3D part 3)

I thought I was done with this. I really did. I was ready to let go. Then, big Jimmy Cameron decided to open his big mouth. I have stated many times that 3D is best when it's used in a gimmick type way. Like you're at an amusement park attraction. However, someone disagrees with me. This is what Mr. Cameron had to say about Piranha 3D:

"I tend almost never to throw other films under the bus, but (Piranha 3D) is exactly an example of what we should not be doing in 3-D. Because it just cheapens the medium and reminds you of the bad 3-D horror films from the 70s and 80s, like Friday the 13th 3-D. When movies got to the bottom of the barrel of their creativity and at the last gasp of their financial lifespan, they did a 3-D version to get the last few drops of blood out of the turnip."

What a pompous ass clown. Seriously, I know he made the two highest grossing movies (highly borrowed and unoriginal), but that does not make him the authority on film. I honestly feel Avatar would be the same in 2D compared to 3D. 3D movies should not be Oscar bait.

No comments:

Post a Comment