Thursday, August 26, 2010

3D Arguement Update

This is not a review of Piranha 3D, but the 3D aspect of it. So I saw Piranha 3D this past weekend. Wow. Just wow. This is how 3D should be used. Yes, I know it's post conversion, but the movie was always intended to be 3D. I don't remember why it was filmed in 2D, but you can tell they always meant for it to be a 3D product. The way things are thrown at the screen, or the way things are held at the camera, it was always 3D, just not filmed in it. They spent a lot of money to do the post conversion and they did it right. The majority of the movie had a 3D aspect to it. It wasn't only a few scenes converted, it was the whole movie. Anyway, like I said before, 3D should be gimmicky. It makes it fun, and gets the laughs. Horror movies are the best medium to have in 3D, in my opinion. There's nothing like having a boat motor shoved in your face or blood spurting out of the screen, or even having Elisabeth Shue hold her hand out to you. The cheesiness made this movie. The 3D helped quite a bit. I don't know if it would be as enjoyable on a home viewing, which is why 3D is not good. If you're interested in a fun, gory, nudity-filled flick, check out a matinee in theaters. The 3D is worth it for this particular movie.

Side Note: I am still not a fan of 3D movies. Let's get that clear. However, I wouldn't mind seeing one every now and then if it did it right, which is Piranha 3D. Saw is the next 3D movie coming out that I'm interested in (although I think I'm going to be dragged to Resident Evil) and I don't think the 3D will add anything to that movie. If there is a 2D, that is the version I'll see. I'm not picking to see any particular film because of 3D, it's the movie itself I want to see. If anything, 3D will make me wait for DVD on some movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment