Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Strange Dream

So last night I had a dream that I had a confrontation with the dude that’s been my archenemy since I was around ten or so. For some reason or another, there was a huge group of people (including me and him) collected in this remote location. He said something that pissed me off. When we were getting ready to leave, my friend let the air out of the tires of the dude’s truck. We jumped in the car and left and he was abandoned there by himself. A little bit of time passes. For some reason, the group was at a different location. There was a discussion happening which was lead by my current boss. The kid comes walking past the group dragging his bike. The bicycle is missing its tires. Next thing I know I’m at home. A bit more of time passes and I’m pacing through the house nervous. I was going to leave through the garage door and I see him standing by his car wearing a suit (for whatever reason). I sneak back in and begin to panic. I see him step into the kitchen from the hallway and he’s holding a gun. I duck into another room before he sees me. I’m able to sneak out the front door and I start running for my friend’s house. I pull my cell phone and begin to dial 911. Next thing I know, he comes ripping through my neighbor’s bushes in his car. I look at my phone to see if the call went through and I realized I dialed the wrong number. Just as I see this, I am run over. At this point I woke up.

I did a little looking into it this morning. According to this website I looked up, death is a symbol for change. When you dream of someone of the same sex, they represent an aspect of the outer, waking self (or the conscious mind). A bicycle is a balance and forward motion. Conflict is lack of harmony between aspects of self. Running from something is running from something in you. A gun is a tool for change.

Change could refer to the fact that I’m graduating college in five months. I need to maintain balance and keep moving forward even through hard times and disappointing phases of my life. Lack of harmony in aspects of my life could be referring to my relationship with my family members and friends or overall outlook on life. There are many things I have problems confronting: women, any type of conflict, what I want to do in life, and relationships with various people.

I don’t know for sure what this is. I’m not saying that these interpretations are iron clad. These dream books all have different explanations. This was no life altering dream for me. It’s just the first time I can remember having a frightening dream. I can’t remember ever dying in a dream before. It was quite interesting. I’ve always been fascinated by dreams in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment